Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489)
You are a skilled worker willing to live and work in specified regional areas in Australia. Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489) may give you an opportunity to live your dream.
This is a provisional visa that lets you live, work in regional or low population areas of Australia for up to 4 years.
It may lead to a permanent Skilled Regional visa (Subclass 887)
Being a skilled visa, an Expression of Interest (EOI) is submitted through online Skill select migration program.
There are three pathways to the visa:
- The Extended stay pathway
- The Invited pathway
- The Subsequent entry pathway
- Been nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative
- Have an occupation that is on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations
- Have a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- Satisfy a points test requirement
- Under 45 years of age
- Have Competent English.
If you are sponsored by a relative your occupation must be on the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List(MLTSSL)
If you are nominated by an Australian state or territory, your occupation must be on the combined list of eligible skilled occupations.
Extended Stay Pathway
The extended stay pathway is for applicants who currently hold one of the subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496 provisional visas and complied with all visa conditions for at least two years
Have never held more than one of these visas.
If you were nominated by a state or territory for your current skilled visa, you are required to live and work in a regional area in the same state or territory that nominated you for your current visa.
If you were sponsored by a relative for your current skilled visa, you can live and work in any designated areas in any state or territory.
Subsequent entry pathway
Be a family member of someone who currently holds a Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) or a visa in subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496.
This visa lets you and your family:
- stay in Australia for up to 4 years
- live, work and study in a specified region of Australia
- travel to and from Australia until the validity of the visa.
- apply for permanent residency, if eligible
Once the provisional visa has been granted, you must retain that visa for at least two years and must be employed for at least 12 months in regional Australia to be eligible to apply for a permanent Regional visa (Subclass 887).
Contact us now to access your eligibility criteria. Our committed Registered Migration Agent cares and works in the best interest of our clients.