You are a skilled worker with the qualifications and experience in one of the Skilled Occupations on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
You may be eligible for Permanent Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189).
You do not need family or sponsor or nomination by the state to apply for this visa.
To be considered for Skilled Independent Visa, the visa applicant must submit EOI (Expression of Interest) through Skill Select online migration programme. Note that EOI is not a visa application and there is no cost to submit an EOI. After EOI is submitted with minimum threshold points, then visa applicant may get the invitation to apply for the visa. Only after receiving the invitation, visa applicant can apply for a visa.
It is important that you have nominated a skilled occupation and have received positive skill assessment related to your skilled qualification and experience.
With the new changes released on 19 April 2017 affecting the Australian visa system it is important to check if your occupation is available on the new Skilled List called Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL), which replaced the previous ‘Skilled Occupation List’ (SOL).
After receiving the letter of invitation you must:
- Have nominated an occupation on the MLTSSL.
- Have obtained a positive skill assessment for nominated occupation from a relevant assessing body.
- Less than 45 years of age at the time of application.
- Have at least competent English.
- Have scored a minimum of 65 points on the points test.
- Have relevant work experience in the nomination or closely related occupation to meet the points score (if necessary).
- Have met the character and health requirements as set out by the Australian government.
- You must meet the points score listed on your invitation letter. The score will be 65 or more.
The score on your invitation letter is based on the information in your EOI.
You must be able to meet the points score eligibility at the time you are invited to apply for the visa.
Primary Applicant - AUD 3755
Secondary Applicant - 18 and over - AUD 1875
- under 18 - AUD 940
Skilled Independent is a permanent visa.The grant of the visa lets you and your family stay indefinitely, work and study in Australia. Also, you have benefit to enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses.
Are you worried about the complex process?
We are here to assess your situation and provide the help with the application process from start to end making it easier and stress-free.
Write us about your situation for an initial assessment.